Category: maternity Photography
What a beautifully perfect fall photo session for the D family! They have lots to celebrate– little A’s second birthday as well as a new baby on the way. We had a perfect Charlotte autumn day– the trees are still green but there is a hint of goldenness in the air. It felt so good to all of us.
Little A absolutely stole my heart! Look at that face! She loves to walk her doggie, and make all of her own decisions! Her independent spirit reminded me of my own daughter when she was that age, which made me feel an immediate bond with her.
We had such a great session.. thank you again D family!!! I can’t wait to meet baby!
This Charlotte mama contacted me with a pretty good idea in mind of what she was looking for for her maternity pictures. She wanted her portraits to be soft and with a vintage kind of look to them.. lots of hazy sunlight and pastel colors. I happen to be just that kind of photographer! She is an artist with a bohemian style and had a vision for her photos.
We pulled up at our first location and I got out of the car to introduce myself. I think my smile must have been as big as a rainbow because… Wow… how gorgeous can a couple be!!! They are both radiantly beautiful and so warm and happy. I love their style, mama has some beautiful clothes. That dress makes me swoon, I am such a sucker for flowey maxi dresses, and she could not have worn it better!
So not only are they just beautiful on the outside, but on the inside as well! We dealt with a *lot* of inch worms covering trees, falling from the sky, ending up all over us, in our hair, sometimes even squished, and they took it all in stride. I’m kind of used to bugs, being the mom of a 5 year old bug lover, but I know that they can freak other people out. I love some of the shots when these parents-t0-be really connected and shared some very special moments. In glowing, hazy evening light and flowy boho dress of course.
We all left the session agreeing that it was so much fun. And I cannot WAIT to meet their baby once she arrives!
Here are five reasons why I absolutely LOVED doing a maternity session with this couple…
1. She is a creative spirit who is an interior designer and truly and deeply appreciates art.
2. He is a really good dresser. And really funny. While we met at Starbucks to discuss my doing their maternity and newborn photography, there was an impolite fellow at the table behind us that elicited a very loud bodily noise. Trying to be my most professional self, I held it together (barely) until my eyes met his, and then all three of us lost it in a fit of laughter. From then on, the tension was gone! So, thanks, gassy guy at Starbucks that day.
Ok, back to the list…..
3. They had one of my all-time favorite superstar photographers photograph their wedding (Angela Stott), which was flattering that they chose me for this momentous portrait session.
4. They aren’t deciding on their baby’s name until he is born. That’s just cool.
5. Their baby will be ethnically mixed which is the jackpot of cuteness.
I think these photos speak about how much love they have for each other as they await the birth of their baby boy. They had some sweet moments and I felt very honored to be there to document them.